It’s the tail end of strawberry season! Grab a flat of berries, a bunch of bananas, some fresh spinach, and a carafe of kefir at your local farmers’ market or organic grocery store. Use the ingredients all week long and simply freeze what you don’t eat fresh.
Strawberry Banana Green Smoothie
- 1 cup plain kefir or ½ cup plain yogurt + ½ cup water
- 1 banana
- 5 large or 7 medium whole strawberries (including leaves and stems!)
- 1 huge handful of fresh spinach
- 1 tablespoon flaxseeds, as desired
- 3 big ice cubes, as desired
If you have a POS blender, like I do, blend the kefir and spinach first. Next, add the strawberries, banana, flaxseeds, and ice cubes. Blend until smoothish. Recycle the containers, compost the peels, pour into a tall glass or a wide-mouthed bottle, and you have yourself a Littervention-approved smoothie!