This is the first in a series of easy-to-make recipes for things I love to buy that (sadly) come wrapped in plastic.
I absolutely love Core Meal bars, especially the Hearty Oatmeal Almond Raisin flavor. But at nearly $4 a pop, they’re definitely a splurge. They also come wrapped in plastic, which I’m working to avoid these days. Here’s how to make (something like) them at home without the splurge or the waste.
- 1 ½ cup gluten-free rolled oats
- ½ cup raw almonds
- ¾ cup raisins
- 2 teaspoons flaxseed meal
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ or ½ cup water
- In a food processor, grind ½ cup almonds into a fine meal.
- Mix in 1 cup oats, ½ cup raisins, 2 teaspoons flaxseed meal, 1 tablespoon cinnamon, 1 teaspoon vanilla extract.
- Mix in ¼ to ½ cup water and mix until dough sticks together.
- Mix in ½ cup oats and ¼ cup raisins and mix.
- Press into a small baking dish, cover with Abeego Bee’s Wax Food Storage Wrap, and refrigerate for at least one hour.
- Cut into 1(ish)-inch by 2(ish)-inch rectangles and enjoy!
- Store leftover bars in a Glasslock container in the refrigerator for up to one week.